Prof. Gao Binghong
Physical Education (Bachelor's degree), Sports and Physical Education (Master's degree)
Dr. Gao Binghong
- Professor and dean of the School of Physical Education and Training of Shanghai University of Sport
- Member of the Science and Technology Expert Group, Physical Fitness Expert Group and Training Supervision Group of General Administration of Sports of China for the 2020 Olympic Games
- Executive member of Asia Pacific Sports Training Science Committee
- Member of the Standing Committee of the Physical Training Branch of the Chinese Society of Sports Sciences
- Member of the Chinese Athletic Association
- Head of scientific research group for the Chinese skeleton team preparing for the 2022 Winter Olympics
- Head of scientific research and medical service group of the Chinese rowing team preparing for the 2012 and 2016 Olympics
- Being selected as one of General Administration of Sports of China's first outstanding young and middle-aged professional and technical talents in 2011
- Executive director of Shanghai Key Laboratory of "Human Athletic Ability Development and Guarantee"
- Editorial board member of "China Sports Science and Technology" and "Journal of Shanghai University of Sport"
- Founder of WeChat public account “Strength and Conditioning of Shanghai University of Sport”
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist （NSCA-CSCS） of National Strength and Conditioning Association
- The first Community health experts in Shanghai
- The second prize of National Teaching Achievement in 2018
- The second prize of Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Progress as the project leader in 2018
- The third prize of Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Progress as the project leader in 2010
- The second prize of the Olympic Science and Technology Research Project of General Administration of Sports of China as the project leader in 2013
- The third prize of Science and Technology of the Chinese Society of Sports Science as the project leader in 2010
Prof. Gao’s research interests include performance monitoring of elite athletes, theories and methods of physical training for different populations, theoretical and practical of altitude and hypoxic training etc. Prof. Gao has long provided scientific and technological solutions and services for elite athletes to prepare for the Olympics and the National Games. He has been in charge of scientific and medical service group for Olympic champions such as Wu Minxia, Xu Lijia, and Zhang Yangyang, providing a solid scientific guarantee for athletes to achieve excellent results in competitions. In recent years, Professor Gao has completed 6 national-level projects and more than 20 provincial and ministerial-level projects as project leader or participant. Professor Gao's research achievement has provided valuable support for the development of sports science and technology in China.