Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Programme Specification (applicable to 2019/2020 intake and onwards)
- Programme Specification (applicable to student intakes before 2019/2020)
In 1997, the Polytechnic Institute offered a course for “Higher Diploma in Music ( Educational)” to extend Macao’s system of education so as to help music teachers become better qualified. The course for “Bachelor of Arts in Music (Educational)” began in 2005. Now, from Sept , 2009, the Polytechnic Institute will offer a course for “ Bachelor of Arts in Music “(Specialties of Education and Performance).
The course consists of core, supplementary and practical subjects which cover a wide range of topics and approaches, including the study of historical and contemporary perspectives, various musical cultures of the world and music traditions of Macao, application of technology in music education, performance, etc.
The objectives of the Course are:
- To deepen students' understanding of the functions, concepts, structures and values of music.
- To train students to think independently and to work creatively and intelligently towards their own music field of interest.
All the staff members are committed to help the students reach a high level of musical and intellectual development. Graduates of the Course will be able to apply their ability and intelligence when teaching primary and secondary school. Their knowledge gained from the course will not only enable them to teach or perform instruments, but also to fulfill positions in organizations related to music and culture such as arts management or to work in the field of music as a composer.
This programme is positively reviewed by the Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT).
Students from this programme have worked on placements at the following organisations:
- Hou Kong Middle School
- Hou Kong Middle School (Primary Division)
- Pui Ching Middle School
- Instituto Salesiano
- Macau Baptist College
- Chan Sui Ki Perpetual Help College
- Yuet Wah College (Chinese Section)
- Sacred Heart Canossian College
- Colégio de Santa Rosa de Lima - Secção Chinesa
- Sacred Heart Canossian College English Section
- The Affiliated School of the University of Macau
- Lingnan Middle School
- Escola Tong Sin Tong (Diurno)
- Escola Primária Luso-Chinesa da Flora
- Escola Luso-Chinesa Técnico-Profissional
- Our Lady of Fatima Girls' School
- Escola Primária Luso-Chinesa do Bairro Norte
- Escola Primária Oficial Luso-Chinesa "Sir Robert Ho Tung"
- Colégio Mateus Ricci (Secundário)
- Escola dos Moradores do Bairro do Patane
- Escola Tong Nam
- Escola Católica Estrela do Mar
- Escola Secundária Luso-Chinesa de Luís Gonzaga Gomes
- Pooi To Middle School
- Fu Luen School
- Kao Yip Middle School
- The Workers' Children High School (Primary Section)
- The Workers' Children High School (Secondary Section)
- Choi Nong Chi Tai School
- Escola Xin Hua
- Sheng Kung Hui Choikou School Macau
- Saint Paul School Macau
- Colégio Diocesano de São José 1
- Colégio Diocesano de São José 5 (S. Chinesa)
- Escola da Sagrada Família
- Escola Fukien
- Escola Oficial Zheng Guanying
- Escola dos Moradores de Macau
- Keang Peng School (Secondary Section)
- Escola Primária Luso-Chinesa do Bairro Hipódromo