Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts
International RecognitionThis programme has been successfully accredited by the Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT).
- Integrate humanistic experiences, cultivate a taste for arts and aesthetics and develop personal characteristics;
- Strengthen awareness for local culture, teach students to understand the importance of visual arts to society, lead the public to know about and to appreciate visual arts through various activities, serve and care for the society;
- Promote exchange and cooperation of teachers and students with international and national art professionals and industries, expand international perspective, and facilitate exchange and innovative development of Chinese and Western visual arts;
- Construct professional visual arts education and programs that comply with the diversified development of society, nurture visual arts talents with competency in creating visual arts, teaching visual arts and innovative capacities;
- Nurture students’ interest in academic research and develop the concept of lifelong learning.
- Basic competency with humanistic accomplishment and taste for arts and aesthetics: able to understand scope and meaning of arts, to appreciate visual aesthetics in daily life and to internalize them as personal accomplishment;
- Basic knowledge of visual arts and basic analytical and commentary competency: able to understand basic arts knowledge and apply it in description of works, situation analysis, explanation and comments;
- Competency in creating visual arts: able to select suitable media materials for creation, to have a clear thinking on one’s own creation and to elaborate on one’s own creative idea;
- Competency in teaching visual arts: able to carry out basic teaching of visual arts; or be qualified to teach visual arts in general primary and secondary schools;
- Competency in doing academic research: deepen and expand knowledge through various kinds of thematic research, nurture innovative spirit and interest in academic research of visual arts, broaden horizon, and be able to carry out entry-level research and writing on visual arts with guidance of teachers;
- Competency in applying visual arts: able to use professional arts abilities to enhance one’s own or other people’s living standard, and to develop career plan.
After graduation students may become primary or secondary school teachers; engage in artistic creation; work in the Art industry, Art enterprise management, marketing etc. Students may also choose to continue studying on a post-graduate programme.
Students from this programme have worked on placements at the following organisations:
- Pui Ching Middle School
- Macau Baptist College
- The Workers' Children High School
- Pooi To Middle School
- Escola Secundária Luso-Chinesa de Luís Gonzaga Gomes
- Escola Tong Sin Tong
- Kwong Tai Middle School
- Escola Xin Hua (Secção Secundária)
- Escola Madalena de Canossa
- Colégio dom Bosco (Yuet Wah)
- Escola Lin Fong Pou Chai
- Colégio Mateus Ricci
- Escola São Paulo
- Sheng Kung Hui Escola Choi Kou