Inquérito Sobre Alunos Graduados
2019/2020 Academic Year
- This survey conducted at Macao Polytechnic Institute (IPM) obtained an effective return of 500 questionnaires out of 699 graduates in the academic year 2019/2020, and its response rate was 71.53%. Among all programmes, the Public Administration is the only one with more than 80% graduates who have participated in the survey.
- Among the 500 graduates who have responded to the survey questionnaire, local students account for 88.6% (443) whereas non-local students 11.4% (57).
- The graduates who are employed account for more than 68.8% of all the responded graduates, those who are seeking further studies 9%, those unemployed 18.8%, and those not seeking employment 5.4%.
- Over 85% of the graduates found their jobs by the end of September 2020.
- On average, the graduates have sent out 7 applications to find a job in this academic year.
- The graduates who work in Macao earn MOP14,650 per month (median), and MOP15,949 as the average monthly salary. The graduates who work in other regions (Mainland and overseas) earn CNY 9,001 per month (median) and CNY 5,938 as the average monthly salary.
- The top four occupations for the employed graduates are: (1) Education (12.79%), (2) Trade, wholesale and retail (11.63%), (3) Community services (11.05%) and (4) Health care and nursing (10.76%).
- More than 11% of the employed graduates are in management positions.
- Over 84% of the employed graduates work in local establishments.
- More than 57% employed graduates indicate that their occupations are related to the programmes they studied in IPM.
- 62% employed graduates think that the programmes they studied in IPM are helpful to their jobs.
- Over 25% of the employed graduates indicate that they are willing to work in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area in coming years.
- The graduates are most satisfied with “Working environment” (3.76 out of 5) whereas the least is “Remuneration and benefits” (3.3 out of 5).
- As to the location for further studies, the univerisities in Macao are most popular, followed by those in Portugal and Mainland China. More than 75% of the graduates think their programmes are helpful to their further studies.
- The core ability that the graduates are most satisfied with is “Proficiency in Putonghua” (3.81 out of 5).
- Regarding the evaluation of teaching and learning, the overall satisfaction of the programmes reaches 3.74 out of 5. Among all items, the graduates are most satisfied with “Faculties’ teaching attitude”, topped at 3.92.