Doctoral degree programme
|2020/2021 Intake||2019/2020 Intake|
|【Online application】and upload of documents required||05/11/2019 – 28/02/2020||02/09/2019 – 04/11/2019|
|Release of admission results【Candidate Portal】||04/2020||11/2019|
Master's degree programme
|【Online application】and upload of documents required||15/10/2019 – 28/02/2020|
|Release of admission results【Candidate Portal】||04/2020|
Step 1 Know your programme
- Find out more about your programme here and learn about its eligibility
Step 2 Prepare for your application
- Read the Admission Regulations and be aware of the key dates
- Prepare the documents required for your application
Step 3 Complete all the application procedures* within application period
- Submit online application
- Settle application fee
- Upload the documents required via Online Application Portal
- Send two recommendation letters to MPI by post
Step 4 Check your application status
- Log in to Candidate Portal for checking your application status
* Applications will only be considered valid after the application fee has been settled and all required documents have been submitted. All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1. Applicants for admission to a Master’s degree programme must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- a) Holding a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or
- b) Currently studying in the final year of the programme stated in item a)
2. Applicants for admission to a Doctoral degree programme must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- a) Holding a Master’s degree or the equivalent, or
- b) Currently studying in the final year of the programme stated in item a).
3. Applicants are also required to satisfy any additional criteria prescribed by the programme of study concerned.
Applicants are required to upload a copy of the following documents via the Online Application Portal:
- Identification document
- Recent photo
- Certificate(s) and academic transcript(s)1
- Any other documents required by individual programme
- Research proposal (applicable to applicants for doctoral degree programmes only)
Applicants are required to send two reference letters to the Institute by post within the application period.
1. Applicants currently studying in the final year of a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme are required to submit their most updated academic transcript and testimonial. MPI prospective graduates are not required to do so.
2. All documents should be in Chinese, Portuguese or English; otherwise, an official certified translation should be provided.
|Programme||Other required documents|
|PhD in Portuguese Studies||
|PhD in Computer Applied Technology||
|Master of Chinese-Portuguese Translation and Interpreting||
[e.g. Results of HSK, CAPLE, IELTS, or TOEFL etc.]
|Master of Business Administration in Gaming Management||
|Master of Interdisciplinary Arts||
|Master of Science in Sports and Physical Education||
Master of Science in Nursing
- Selection will be made within one month following the end of application period.
- Should an interview be required, the academic unit concerned shall inform the candidate of the arrangements. Any failure to attend the interview/assessment shall lead to disqualification.
- The admission offer will be released via MPI's Candidate Portal.