|Awarding body/institution 頒授機構||Macao Polytechnic Institute|
|Responsible school 負責學校||School of Arts|
|Endorsement in the Official Gazette 政府公報批示||52/2019|
|Name of final award / programme Title 學位及課程名稱||Master of Interdisciplinary Arts|
|Duration of study 學習年期||2 years|
|MPI programme code 理工課程編號||MIART|
|FHEQ level of award FHEQ 學歷水準||Level 7|
|Language of instruction 授課語言||Chinese|
Academic units which will also be involved in teaching part of the programme
|School of Business|
Institution(s) other than MPI that will provide some teaching to the programme
Programme outline 課程簡介
In order to promote the moderately diversified economic development of Macao, strengthen the cultivation of higher-level local cultural and creative talents and promote the development of the industry, Macao Polytechnic Institute has launched the "Master Programme of Interdisciplinary Arts". Anyone interested in arts, cultural & creative industries can apply. Macao Polytechnic Institute is the first institution of higher learning in Macao to set up arts courses, and it has always been a training base for professional arts and cultural and creative talents. “Master Programme of Interdisciplinary Arts” offered by the Macao Polytechnic Institute is Macao’s first interdisciplinary master’s programme in Visual Arts, Design and Music. It cultivates high-quality artsistic talents with international vision, creative thinking and interdisciplinary integration capabilities to coordinate the arts, cultural and creative industries as the development direction of the emerging industries that Macao has focused on in recent years.
"Master programme of Interdisciplinary arts" combines the interdisciplinary concepts of visual arts, design and music. It cultivates graduate students' artsistic and humanistic literacy, arts-related topic research skills, and the ability to practice media creativity, exhibition planning and marketing management with interdisciplinary professional advantages.
Programme objectives 課程目標
The purpose of this course is to cultivate diverse artsistic talents of "interdisciplinary arts thinking" and "arts interdisciplinary practice". It combines the interdisciplinary concepts of Visual Arts, Design and Music, and cultivates graduate students' artsistic and humanistic literacy, arts-related topic research skills, and the ability of media creative practices, exhibition planning and marketing management.
What will you be expected to achieve? 期望達到的成效
Teaching staffs of all courses focus on simultaneous development of teaching and scientific research. It is expected to give students the latest interdisciplinary artsistic concepts, the best teaching quality and the development of scientific research topics, so as to promote the teaching content of courses to maximize students' learning outcomes. These courses implement the purpose of teaching and research in the learning process, guarantee and improve the quality of curriculum teaching and research, and promote the professional growth of teaching and learning.
Academic contents 學術內容
|A1||The connotation and application of interdisplinary arts|
|A2||Creative thinking and concepts across interdisplinary arts|
|A3||The integration and practices of interdisciplinary arts and design in interaction, technology and cultural creativity|
Disciplinary skills‐ able to 學科技能
|B1||Excavate students' personal research ability in the related professional field|
|B2||Cultivate the creative thinking|
|B3||Support the interdisciplinary arts concepts for the sustainable development of society|
|C1||Developing creative thinking|
|C2||Enhancing students' ability to practice across fields|
|C3||Integrating technology and cultural creativity in line with social needs|
How will you learn? 如何學習
- Classroom Learning
- Group Brain-storming and Discussion
- Field Studies
- Thesis Writing and Supervision
How will you be assessed? 如何評核
According to the course evaluation criteria evaluated by QAA, this course is planned to have an external examination committee and course advisory committee to provide objective and professional opinions and suggestions. Most of the teachers for this course are senior teaching staffs in the School of Arts. In addition to relevant teaching experience, they are more actively engaged in various related academic or scholarly research. In the case of teaching and learning, the evaluation standards are formulated according to the characteristics of each course and the guidelines provided by the school. The evaluation criteria will be displayed as the main evaluation items according to the students' learning, research ability, comprehensive capability and results. Eventally, after students completed and fulfilled necessary requirements of learning, students must to go through and pass several academic phases such as thesis topic opening defense, progress review, pre-defense and final oral defense to obtain a master's degree.
How is the programme structured? 課程架構
The first-year compulsory courses mainly focus on cultivating students' in-depth understanding of research and interdisciplinary arts. In addition to the compulsory course , the courses also offer elective courses related to interdisciplinary arts, so that students can acquire knowledge and practice related to interdisciplinary arts on the basis of the necessary majors. The second year is the writing stage of the thesis, mainly under the supervison of the thesis supervisor.
Learning Module Title
Learning Module Code
Learning Module Selection Status
Year of Study
|Research Methodology I||IART6121||3||Compulsory||1||1|
|Creative Thinking in Interdisciplinary Arts||IART6122||3||Compulsory||1||1|
|Cultural Creativity and Art Management||IART6123||3||Compulsory||1||1|
|Research Methodology II||IART6124||3||Compulsory||1||2|
|Thoughts on Arts and Humanities||IART6125||3||Compulsory||1||2|
|Research of Performance and Marketing||IART6126||3||Compulsory||1||2|
|Artistic Culture of Macao||IART6101||3||Elective||1||1|
|Analysis and Critique of Musical Styles||IART6102||3||Elective||1||1|
|Creative Strategy and Practice||IART6103||3||Elective||1||1|
|Contemporary Visual Arts||IART6104||3||Elective||1||1|
|Seminar on Arts of Music||IART6105||3||Elective||1||2|
|Seminar on Arts of Design||IART6106||3||Elective||1||2|
|Seminar on Visual Arts||IART6107||3||Elective||1||2|
|Seminar on Art Education||IART6108||3||Elective||1||2|
What are the Entry Requirements? 入學條件
According to Article 3 of Academic Regulations Governing Master's Degree Programmes of MPI, an applicant shall be considered for admission to a master’s degree programme of MPI if s/he:
- holds a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited higher education institution;
- fulfils other admission criteria prescribed by the programme of study concerned; and
- satisfies the examiner(s) in an interview (if required).
How do we listen and act on your feedback? 如何聽取及回應學生的回饋
- A meeting will be held to introduce the programme, learning process and the use of school-related space.
- Two class representatives will be selected to assist students and teachers on matters and activities related to learning.
- A class tutor is assigned for year 1 students and the tutoring and class schedule of each full-time teacher will be announced. There is students feedback system for teaching and learning. After programme coordinator reflecting students' feedbacks to and communicating with school administratives, then, corresponding replies will be made to all students.
- In the second year, thesis supervisors are responsibile for advising students on living and thesis writing.
Academic support and guidance 教學支援及指導
Labs and equitments belong to School of Arts are all provided the support and service for students' learning needs. There are technical staffs to assist students for necessary use on professional learning. In additions, all complusory courses are taught by teachers from the programme of Music, Visual Arts and Design to keep the learning development standing on multiple viewpoints to achieve the goal of Interdisciplinary research. Besides, an interdisciplinary arts studio is provided with multi-media equitments for MA students on implementing any necessary academic activities such as group brain-stroming, discusstion and presentation, etc.
Programme-specific rules and facts 課程特定的規則及事項
- Students can refer to the graduate manual provided by the institute, including hard copy and electronic versions, for students to inquire about various problems related to learning.
- This master's degree programme provides internal guidelines of thesis and course accessments for students.
Support for students with disabilities 身心障礙學生支援
Macao Polytechnic Institute has in place an institution-wide policy to ensure that all student needs are taken care of and a supportive and accessible learning environment is maintained. When cases of special needs are notified or identified, special arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis with the joint effort of the programme and various student support services of the Institute, such as the Registry, the Student Affairs Office, the Information Technology Department and the Campus Management and Development Department, etc. to provide the necessary support.
Links with employers, internship opportunities and transferable skills 與僱主的關係、實習機會及可轉移技能
Based on the consideration of developing better relationships with employers, transferable skills, and course characteristics, the development of this master programme is as follows:
- Those who have full-time or part-time work experience or are currently employed– taking this course can enhance students’ professional abilities and expand their horizons. Relatively, they will have the opportunity to establish a better employer relationship and to assist the work unit on improving academic research and practical ability responding to the needs for future creative and cultural industrial upgrading or transformation.
- Those fresh graduates who had gone through the advanced learning of interdisciplinary arts could improve their academic research ability and creative thinking with higher perspective to assist future employers on interdisciplinary arts research and creative thinking abilities. Most of the fresh graduates could work as the middle or high-level positions in assisting employers on business development and future trend predition.