Curso de Licenciatura em Gestão de Empresas, Variante em Gestão de Jogo e Diversões
|Awarding body/institution 頒授機構||Macao Polytechnic Institute|
|Responsible school 負責學校||School of Business|
|Endorsement in the Official Gazette 政府公報批示||85/2016|
|Name of final award / programme Title 學位及課程名稱||Bachelor of Business Administration in Gaming and Recreation Management|
|Duration of study 學習年期||4 years|
|MPI programme code 理工課程編號||4LGRMDC/4LGRMNC/4LGRMDI|
|FHEQ level of award FHEQ學歷水準||Level 6|
|Programme Accredited by 專業認可機構||Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ)|
Academic units which will also be involved in teaching part of the programme
|MPI-Bell Centre of English, School of Applied Sciences, School of Humanities and Social Sciences.|
Institution(s) other than MPI that will provide some teaching to the programme
Programme outline 課程簡介
This programme aims to develop students’ knowledge, skills and abilities in managing the modern gaming and entertainment industry, making them experts with extensive knowledge, professional skills and an international outlook. It meets the demands of management in Macau’s gaming and entertainment industry. In order to cater for the work and study schedules of full-time staff working in the gaming industry, the Programme arranges a choice of two time-slots for each lesson. Students can attend either from 10:00 – 13:00 or from 19:00-22:00, with lessons taught on the same day and by the same professor. Thus students can flexibly choose their classes to best fit their work schedules.
Programme objectives 課程目標
- To cultivate students in understanding and mastering professional knowledge related to gaming and recreation management;
- To develop students’ fundamental knowledge and understanding of the humanities and social sciences in consolidating their learning in the field of gaming and recreation management;
- To cultivate students in having critical thinking, knowledge and skills of business management, human resource, financial management, operations management, marketing, and strategic planning that are relevant to the field of gaming and recreation management at theoretical and application levels;
- To help students in developing both career- related and academic transferable skills;
- To develop students’ analytical and self-reflection abilities in theoretical knowledge, value and ethics and practical applications in context within the field of gaming and recreation management and its related policies;
- To lay a solid foundation for the professional development of graduates and to contribute effectively to the gaming and recreation industry.
What will you be expected to achieve? 期望達到的成效
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Master basic and professional knowledge and theories related to gaming and recreation management, with multidisciplinary vision and theoretical literacy;
- Integrate the knowledge acquired to understand and analyse professional topics in the field of gaming and recreation management;
- Master and apply a series of general transferable skills, including language, communication, team collaboration, information technology, and data processing skills, etc., to effectively meet requirements for learning and in the workplace;
- Organise and assess literature and empirical data systematically and independently, and be able to analyse complicated problems in daily work and a professional context so as to generate corresponding counter-measures and solutions;
- Professionally and competently perform the duties of gaming and recreation management personnel and do well in planning, organising, leading, controlling and developing;
- Comply with the law and possess awareness of ethical issues and social responsibility when performing duties in gaming and recreation management.
Academic contents 學術內容
|A1||Subjects of general studies such as psychology, sociology, interpersonal communication skills, etc.|
|A2||Subjects of general management such as human resources management, marketing, financial management, etc.;|
|A3||Subjects of gaming and recreation management such as casino table games, slot management, casino management, gaming laws and regulations, responsible gaming, recreation management, etc.|
Disciplinary skills‐ able to 學科技能
|B1||Demonstrate proficiency in the operation, protection, and equipment maintenance of casino table games, and slot machines.|
|B2||Define and apply a professional role in effectively organising, planning and controlling physical and financial resources, motivating human resources, and rendering customer-driven service quality delivery within gaming and recreation industry.|
|B3||Synthesise the changing social, cultural, financial, eco-political, legal environment in Macao and globally, and advances in gaming studies into organisational strategies and operations.|
|C1||Communicate professionally and effectively with various levels of organisational leadership, customers, and team members in a variety of formats including oral, visual, and written.|
|C2||Demonstrate team problem solving skills, quality management for service organisation, and a clear sense of what is required to build effective teams in the hospitality and gaming industry.|
|C3||Analyse and think critically and present effective justification of recommended actions and persuasive messages with the intention to affect the perceptions of audience and other recipients.|
How will you learn? 如何學習
Depending on the purpose of each course’s intended learning outcomes, the teaching methodology employed varies. They can be classified into a mix of the following teaching activities:
- Group project
- In‐class Q&A discussion and quiz
- Laboratory exercise and coaching
One-way communication which mainly employs lectures, tutorials and illustrations is considered to be effective for theories, concepts, and new knowledge related courses. Two-way or interactive communication is used in tutorial discussions. In-class Q&A discussion and quiz, laboratory exercise and coaching are used to build up logical thought and then analytical work. These teaching methods are and will be used throughout the programme structure as the instructors see fit in delivering expected outcomes of the programme.
How will you be assessed? 如何評核
To ensure effective learning of course materials, students of the Gaming and Recreation Management programme are assessed, in general, on an ongoing basis as they are learning, and will be examined comprehensively at the end of each course. Basically, the assessing methodology includes term tests (written or laboratorial), assignments and projects, and final examination (written or laboratorial), depending on individual course requirements. Assessments are designed in accordance with the programme goals to achieve certain desirable outcomes as a result of learning under the programme. This includes course knowledge, logical thinking and analysis ability, ethics and social obligation, business knowledge, team building knowledge and skills, language and communication skills, contemporary gaming and hospitality knowledge and application skills expected to be possessed by the gaming and hospitality profession.
How is the programme structured? 課程架構
Course Selection Status
|1st Year of Study 第一學年|
|Introduction to Gambling Industry||GRMM1101||3||Compulsory||1|
|Casino Table Game I||GRMT1101||3||Compulsory||1|
|Business Software Applications||COMP1100||3||Compulsory||2|
|Casino Table Game II||GRMT1102||3||Compulsory||2|
|2nd Year of Study 第二學年|
|Business Communication and Public Relations||COMM2110||3||Compulsory||1|
|Table Game Management||GRMT2104||3||Compulsory||2|
|Introduction to Management||MGMT2100||3||Compulsory||2|
|3rd Year of Study 第三學年|
|Slot Management I||GRMT3104||3||Compulsory||1|
|Legal Environment of Business in Macao||LLAW3100||3||Compulsory||1|
|Management Research Methods||MGMT3104||3||Compulsory||1|
|Service Marketing and Management||MRKT3100||3||Compulsory||1|
|Casino Equipment Management||GRMT3105||3||Compulsory||2|
|Slot Management II||GRMT3107||3||Compulsory||2|
|Human Resources Management||HHRM3100||3||Compulsory||2|
|4th Year of Study 第四學年|
|Graduation Research Project I||GMPO4111||3||Compulsory||1|
|Gaming and Recreation Management Seminars||GRMM4101||3||Compulsory||1|
|Social and Economic Impacts of Gambling Industry||GRMM4102||3||Compulsory||1|
|Recreation Management I||GRMM4107||3||Compulsory||1|
|Graduation Research Project II||GMPO4112||3||Compulsory||2|
|Leisure and Gambling Psychology||GRMM4106||3||Compulsory||2|
|Recreation Management II||GRMM4108||3||Compulsory||2|
|Strategic Management of Gambling Companies||GRMM4111||3||Compulsory||2|
What are the Entry Requirements? 入學條件
According to Article 3 of Academic Regulations Governing Bachelor's Degree Programmes of MPI,
An applicant shall be considered for admission to a bachelor’s degree programme of the Institute if s/hea) holds a qualification not lower than Grade 12 or the equivalent, andb) fulfils other admission criteria prescribed by the programme of study concerned.
An applicant of age 23 or above, proven to possess relevant capabilities (especially in the entrance examination(s) of MPI), shall be considered for admission to a bachelor’s degree programme with a waiver on the requirement in item a) of above point.
How do we listen and act on your feedback? 如何聽取及回應學生的回饋
(1) Weekly office hours are available for consultation and advice; (2) School level and programme level dialogs will be held each semester; (3) Feedback will be collected from students on every course enrolled; (4) Students may reflect their opinions and requests to the Programme Coordinator. Information and opinions from these sources will be channelled back to the School Director and/or Programme Coordinator for meetings to discuss possible solutions and improvements.
Academic support 教學支援
Other than soliciting student feedback as described above, tutoring and office hours are also used to coach for their academic difficulties. In addition, there are many other student supports: new student orientation; student handbook; English writing clinics on a weekly basis; scholarship opportunities; coaching and training for competition at school and national levels; e-learning platform for communication between teachers and students online; access to e-journal and periodical subscriptions; Wi-Fi enabled campus and self access computer and language labs, etc.
Programme-specific rules and facts 課程特定的規則及事項
The programme offers day and evening sessions in parallel mode, the students of the two sessions are free to choose which class they attend each day according to his/her schedule.
Support for disabled students 殘疾學生支援
Macao Polytechnic Institute has in place an institution-wide policy to ensure that all student needs are taken care of and a supportive and accessible learning environment is maintained. When cases of special needs are notified or identified, special arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis with the joint effort of the programme and various student support services of the Institute, such as the Registry, the Student Affairs Office, the Information Technology Department and the Campus Management and Development Department, etc. to provide the necessary support.
Links with employers, internship opportunities and transferable skills 與僱主的關係、實習機會及可轉移技能
The programme has arranged various types of extra-curricular activities to invite professional bodies, professionals and senior level business executives to share their experience to attending students. At the end of each school year, the programme hosts regular meetings with its industrial advisory board to discuss and solicit needs of the businesses, and training opportunities.