Scholarships for Mainland Chinese Students
Applicable to Academic Year 2019/2020 student intake or after
Target Students and Quota
This scholarship is intended to be awarded to students enrolled in the following Bachelor degree programmes:
- General Courses: Accounting, Chinese-Portuguese/Portuguese-Chinese Translation and Interpretation, Computing, Business Administration in Marketing, Management or E-Commerce, Sino-Lusophone Trade Relations or Chinese-English Translation and Interpretation, and International Chinese Language Education or Portuguese Language.
- Art Courses: Design, Visual Arts, and Music.
- There will be a total of 10 quotas for this scholarship, that is, one for each course listed above.
- This scholarship is intended to be awarded to students enrolled in the following Bachelor degree programmes:
- This is a full scholarship. Recipients will have the first year’s tuition and hostel fees waived, and receive a monthly subsidy of MOP3,000.
- This scholarship can be renewed in the second to the fourth year; for details of the rules for renewal, please see Article 5.
- Students who meet the requirements for admission to the Bachelor degree programmes and are enrolled in the courses listed in Article 1.1 will be automatically enrolled in the scholarship selection without particular application.
The scholarship is awarded according to the selection and admission criteria of each course:
- General Courses: According to the results of the National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) of the year, as well as the Institute's admission level of the score line in NCEE in students' native provinces/municipalities/autonomous regions.
- Art Courses: Results of the Institute's entrance examination.
Responsibilities of Recipients
- Recipients have to study in their enrolled programmes on a full-time basis according to the study plan published in the government's gazette of the Macao Special Administrative Region.
- Recipients are obliged to participate in and assist in activities organized by the Institute during their study here.
Scholarship Renewal and Termination
To renew the scholarship in the coming year, recipients have to reach the requirements below:
- Obtain a year-end cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in the previous year; and
- Be recommended by their relevant School Director.
The scholarship will be automatically terminated if any one of the following circumstances occurs:
- The recipient does not meet the stipulated requirements of Article 5.1;
- Change of programme;
- Change of the mode of study (change from morning class to night class, or vice versa);
- Deferral of study;
- Withdrawal from study.
- To renew the scholarship in the coming year, recipients have to reach the requirements below:
This English version is a translation of the original regulations in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Applicable to Academic Year 2018/2019 student intake or before
7 Quotas (MOP282,600 for each recipient in 4 years)
Design, Visual Arts (Educational), and Music (Educational): 1 quota each.
- Students are ranked according to their performance in MPI’s admission interview. The student with the highest score, who attains or exceeds the admission level of Art courses in the National College Entrance Examination in his/her native provinces/municipalities will be awarded the Scholarship for the 1st academic year.
- In order to achieve a continuous Scholarship, the student(s) must obtain a year-end GPA of 3.0 or above and must be recommended by their School Director. However, if the recipient(s) fail to meet the above requirements for one academic year, the scholarship will be terminated automatically and the student will no longer be entitled to receive this Scholarship under any circumstances.
Value of the scholarship:
Tuition and hostel fees will be waived, and a monthly subsidy of MOP3,000 will be granted.
Management/Accounting & Finance, Chinese & Portuguese Translation, Chinese-English Translation and Interpretation, and Science of Computer Studies: 1 quota each.
The student has to attain or exceed the foremost level in the National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) of the year of enrollment in his/her native provinces/municipalities.
For the 1st academic year, by ranking the students according to their achievements (dividing the NCEE score with the native score standard of the foremost level); the student with the highest quotient in each program will be awarded the Scholarship. In order to achieve a continuous Scholarship, the student(s) must obtain GPA of 3.0 or above and must be recommended by their School principals. Taken that the recipient(s) fail to meet the above requirements for one academic year, the scholarship will be terminated automatically and never more will the student be entitled, whatsoever, for this scholarship.
Value of the scholarship:
Tuition and hostel fees will be waived, and a monthly subsidy of MOP3, 000 will be granted.