Report of Employer Satisfaction Survey
- A total of 328 questionnaires were sent out, 184 returned. The response rate was 56.10%.
- Among 184 respondents, there were 124 institutions that have employed 2016-2019 MPI graduates.
- There were 1315 graduates working in 124 institutions. The highest number of graduates was from Management programme, accounting for 137 graduates, while Nursing, Physical Education and Chinese-English Translation came next, accounting for 84, 83 and 81 graduates respectively.
- The top four industry sectors that employed MPI graduates were: (1) gambling & recreation management, (2) medical and public health or social services, (3) banking, finance and insurance, (4) education.
- Most graduates worked at general staff level in the institutions, while about 16.28% of graduates worked as supervisors.
- The average monthly salary of graduates was 21,969 MOP, which was almost the same as the monthly salary of 21,722 MOP from the 2016 survey with only a very slight increase.
- More than 70% of graduates worked in the institutions established more than 20 years
- The work performance of MPI graduates were generally recognised by the employers. The satisfaction rating of overall performance of graduates was 3.85, with a total of 80.45% employers expressing “satisfied” or “very satisfied”, while no dissatisfaction was indicated.
- Employment institutions were most affirmed to the “teamwork and cooperative spirit”, the “readiness to learn and adaptability” and the “professional knowledge and skills” of MPI graduates. Among them, the “teamwork and cooperative spirit” had the highest score (4.04 points), and the number of the “satisfied” and “very satisfied” employers accounted for 85.85% in total; followed by the “readiness to learn and adaptability” and the “professional ethics and conduct” (each 3.93 points), of which the “satisfied” and “very satisfied” rating accounted for 82.84% and 82.06% respectively. All these showed that the achievements of the whole person education in MPI were obvious.
- The satisfaction rating of “foreign language proficiency” and “innovativeness and adaptability” received relatively low scores, which were 3.44 and 3.49 out of 5 respectively.
- Half of the employers believed that MPI graduates had “very strong” or “strong” capabilities and promotion prospects compared with other college graduates.
- The top three suggestions given by the employers to MPI were: “deepen the integration of curriculum content and practice”, “strengthen the training of professional knowledge and skills”, and “strengthen the students’ innovativeness and adaptability”.