2011/2012 Academic Year
- 94.6% of higher diploma graduates pursued further studies, 7.2% higher than that of last year. 90% of bachelor graduates were already employed, also higher than last year’s 88.9%. The overall number seeking employment was only 4%.
- Employed graduates normally took 1.7 months to find their jobs, similar to last year’s 1.74 months. The average number of applications made by our graduates prior to finding jobs was 9.27, more than last year’s 5.17.
- 67% of the jobs related to their major, a little lower than last year’s 70%.
- 88.8% of graduates thought that their majors helped them to find their jobs, much higher than last year’s 80%. 86.4% of graduates thought their majors helped them in their further studies, lower than last year’s 93%.
- The overall job satisfaction rate was 3.51, higher than last year’s 3.42. The degree of satisfaction regarding working environment, content, matching one’s own interests and salary were all higher than those of the previous year.
- 68.9% of the graduates’ monthly salaries were between MOP10,000-20,000. This percentage was a little higher than last year’s 68.2%. The average salary was MOP14,450, 10% higher than last year’s MOP13,107.
- The top 4 industry sectors for most graduates were public administration, medical & health care and social services, casinos, and education. This remains the same as last year.
- Most of the bachelor graduates pursued their further studies in local universities, mainly the University of Macau. Most of the higher diploma graduates continued their further study at MPI.
- The overall graduates’ assessment score for MPI was 3.43. The assessment of their major was 3.54.
- The loyalty of graduates towards MPI is still high. 78% of the graduates would choose MPI again. 66% would choose the same major.