To all students and staff:
Important Notice on MPI’s Epidemic Prevention and Control
In order to effectively curb the spread of the novel coronavirus and ensure the health and safety of the students and staff, the Novel Coronavirus Emergency Response Team hereby issues the "Notice of Macao Polytechnic Institute on Further Arrangements for Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus" as follows:
- Attaching great importance to the prevention and control of the epidemic
MPI established the "Novel Coronavirus Emergency Response Team" on January 23, 2020, with the President as the head. Its members include the members of the Administrative Board, heads of various administrative departments and academic support services and student services departments. By taking the prevention and control of the epidemic situation as the top priority at present, and implementing the major events reporting system, the Team will ensure that information about the epidemic is reported promptly and proper response is provided under emergency situations, so as to ensure the health and safety of the students and staff.
- Clarifying staff responsibilities
During the anti-epidemic period, employees will be suspended from going out on business trips. All schools and student services departments shall provide assistance to students in need. The Personnel Office shall provide assistance to employees in need.
- Postponing classes
The first day of school after the Spring Festival holiday will be postponed to February 11, 2020. Please take close note of the latest information about the epidemic released by the Institute. http://www.ipm.edu.mo/zh/novel_coronavirus.php
- Cancelling activities
Cancel or suspend collective activities. Subsequent arrangements will be notified in due course depending on the epidemic situation.
- Taking timely epidemic prevention and control measures
- The Institute is equipped with temperature guns, masks, hand sanitizer and bleach.
- All those who enter the campus or dormitories shall have their body temperatures measured;
- The students and staff will be provided with masks if necessary;
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for students, staff and the public on campus;
- Relevant facilities and equipment will be disinfected with 1:99 diluted household bleach;
All students and staff have been notified of the relevant guidelines of the Health Bureau of the Macao SAR Government.
- Health and safety management
- A zone will be set up to measure the body temperatures of those entering the campus;
- All frontline staff members must wear masks on campus.
- All outsourced service personnel must wear masks and pay attention to personal hygiene on campus;
Health and safety management will be conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the Health Bureau and other departments.
- Webpage on epidemic prevention and control
Students and staff should take close note of the latest information about the epidemic released by the Institute:
- Contact information
For inquiries, please contact the following departments and offices:
|Campus Development and Management Department||+853 8599 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Registry||+853 8599 email@example.com|
|Student Affairs Office||+853 8599 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Personnel Office||+853 8599 email@example.com|
|24-hour Security Hotline||+853 8599 6189||-/-|
- Information released by the Macao SAR Government
- Special Webpage Against Epidemics
- Macao SAR Government News
- Electronic System for Online Health Declaration
- Prevention Guidelines
All students and staff must observe and implement the relevant requirements against epidemic and cooperate with the Institute on the prevention and control work. Please take personal precautions, reduce outdoor activities and avoid crowded places.
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated!
Wish you all a happy New Year and good health!
Novel Coronavirus Emergency Response Team
Macao Polytechnic Institute
January 30, 2020