Joint Admission Examination
2021 Joint Admission Examination for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions
Special arrangements for epidemic prevention and important notes for candidates
(issued on 11th Feb 2021)
In order to safeguard the health of candidates and staff, University of Macau, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao Institute for Tourism Studies and Macau University of Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as the “Four Institutions”) will follow the prevention guidelines issued by the Health Bureau of the Macao SAR Government against novel coronavirus epidemics and will take a series of measures for the 2021 Joint Admission Examination for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions (Subjects: Languages and Mathematics) (hereinafter referred to as “JAE”), such as environmental hygiene in the examination venues, seating arrangements and hygiene administration of working personnel.
Candidates should pay attention to the following special arrangements and important notes for anti-epidemic approaches to be implemented by the Four Institutions. Candidates must also stay alert to any updates on below existing preventive measures, if any, which may be adjusted subject to the actual epidemic development and the latest guidelines to be issued by the Macao Health Bureau.
Before the Examination
Candidates should pay attention to the epidemic news* released by the Macao SAR Government, follow the advices as suggested by the Macao Health Bureau and pay attention to your personal, home and environmental hygiene.
To minimize the risk of contracting the novel coronavirus, candidates are advised to avoid leaving Macao or commuting across borders, especially not to visit to countries/regions where the Macao SAR Government has announced a centralised isolation medical observation and health self-management will be required upon arrival in Macao.
Candidates who are undergoing the medical observation or health self-management as required by the Macao Health Bureau are not allowed to take the examination.
To avoid gathering, candidates should check in advance the seating locations of each subject stated on the JAE Examination Permit from the Examination Venue announced on JAE webpage.
*Macao SAR Government Special Webpage against Epidemics (inclusive information of health quarantine requirements and measures for inbound travelers)
On the day of Examination (non-examination time)
- Candidates should take their own temperature measurement before going to the examination. Candidates with fever (with ear temperature at 38˚C or above / forehead temperature at 37.5˚C or above) or acute respiratory tract infection symptoms should not take the examination. Meanwhile, candidates should not take medicines to alleviate above symptoms in order to take the examination. Candidates should consult a doctor promptly and put the mask on.
- To better manage the flow of people, only candidates with JAE Examination Permit are allowed to enter the examination rooms or designated areas on the campus.
Candidates must present a green Macao Health Code* within the valid time before entry to examination room for each examination. Candidates who are unable to present a valid green Macao Health Code or present one with otherwise colour will not be allowed to take the examination.
*QR code to apply for the Macao Health code
Before entering the examination room, candidates must take a temperature check. Candidates who are tested with ear temperature at 38˚C or above / forehead temperature at 37.5˚C or above will be asked to rest for about 10 minutes in a designated area before taking the body temperature for the second time.
- If the candidate’s temperature is still at or higher than the level aforementioned, he/she will not be allowed to take the examination, and the relevant situation will be recorded. He/she should consult a doctor promptly.
- If the candidate’s temperature is below the level aforementioned, he/she will be allowed to take the examination. Candidates will not be given any extra time due to temperature checking if he/she is late for commencement of examination.
- Candidates who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to enter the examination room. Candidates can bring along some spare masks as needed. Masks will not be provided in the examination room.
- In order to reduce crowd gathering, candidates must take the designated routes and entrances to enter/exit the examination venue in accordance with on-site instructions. Please refer to the information about the examination venue which will be published on JAE webpage later.
- In order to take necessary epidemic preventive measures, all examination rooms will admit candidates earlier. Candidates should pay attention to the entry arrangement to be published on 10th March, 2021, the day of issuance of JAE Examination Permit.
- For personal health protection, candidates should keep a distance of at least 1 meter apart from each other in examination venues. Candidates should always wash your hands with soap or alcohol dispenser after contacts with public facilities, objects or having been to the washroom.
During the Examination
- Candidates are required to put on masks during the examinations. Invigilators may ask candidates to remove their masks temporarily during the taking of attendance in order to verify their identities. Those who refuse to do so will be regarded as violating the examination rules.
- Candidates with serious sneezing / persistent coughing may be arranged to sit in designated area in the examination venue in order to minimize the disturbance to other candidates.
- Candidates must comply with the requirements of the Four Institutions and instructions issued by the invigilators.
- Candidates should avoid bringing suitcase or baggage to the examination. Large baggage is not allowed in examination venue. Storage for personal belongings will not be provided at the examination room.
- The JAE is held only once a year. No supplementary examination will be arranged.