|【Online Application】||19/9 - 10/10|
|【Interview】||24/10 - 27/10|
|【Release of admission results】 and Payment1||From Nov 2018|
|【Document Download】Offer Letter, New Student Registration Guide and Medical Check-up Form (Please make appointment at your earliest convenience)||May 2019|
|Class commencement2||Aug 2019|
1 Please refer to the Debit Note for exact payment dates
2 Please refer to the Registration Guide for exact dates
As a public higher education institution, Macao Polytechnic Institute (MPI) strives to cultivate local talents capable of serving the society. To attract the best secondary school graduates of Macao to enrol on our undergraduate programmes, we have in place the Principal Recommended Admission Scheme. Students with outstanding performance may receive a scholarship and/or gain direct admission to our undergraduate programmes.
- Scholarship of the Elite Category
This scholarship covers tuition fees for the first year of their undergraduate studies, and will be renewed annually subject to meeting relevant criteria (relevant Scholarship Regulations can be found at MPI website).
- Scholarship of the Excellent Category
This scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fees for the first year of their undergraduate studies, and will be renewed annually subject to meeting relevant criteria (relevant Scholarship Regulations can be found at MPI website).
Eligible students should complete the online application procedures via【Candidate Portal - Online Application】and submit the following documents to respective secondary schools:
- A printout of the application form submitted online (with the applicant's signature and photo);
- A photocopy of valid Macao SAR Resident I.D. Card (both sides of ID card copied on one side of an A4 size paper);
- Photocopies of Academic Reports on Forms 4 & 5 or equivalent levels (A4 size).
Applicants' respective schools should send the following materials to the MPI Registry within the application period:
- A completed recommendation form with Principal’s signature and the school stamp;
- Students' application forms and other required documents.
All documents should be sent to the MPI Registry (Room A101, Chi Un Building; Office hours: 9:00-19:00, Mon-Fri)
Applicants may apply for admission via this scheme on the recommendation of their respective schools. Please contact your schools for the revalent requirements.
Applicants should attend the admission interviews as scheduled. The interview lists will be posted on the MPI website (ipm.mo/principalrcm). Anyone who fails to do so will forfeit his/her eligibility. Applicants who pass the interviews will be admitted directly. The admission results will be announced on the MPI website. The outcome may be either:
- Admitted with a Scholarship of the Elite Category;
- Admitted with a Scholarship of the Excellent Category;
- Admitted without scholarship (self-funded).
Admitted applicants are not permitted to change their applied programme of study once they accept our offer of admission.
Unsuccessful applicants may still gain admission via the Admission Examination route without the need to make a separate application. They are simply required to download the ‘Admission Examination Notice’ and/or ‘JAE Permit’ from the MPI website and to attend the examinations* as scheduled.
* The specific examinations required for admission vary according to individual programmes. They may include all or some of the subjects of the Joint Admission Examination (JAE) for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions, and/or specialised (written) exams and interviews organised by MPI.
Admitted applicants must settle the tuition fees of the first semester (MOP12,400) before the due date as stated on the debit note or their eligibility shall be forfeited. For applicants admitted with a scholarship, the relevant tuition fees will be refunded after student registration and commencement of the semester.
No tuition fee may be refunded if applicants subsequently decide not to register. Please visit the MPI website for details concerning ‘Tuition Fee Refund and Late Payment Regulations’ (Circular no. 01R/CG/2004).