To be eligible for admission via exams, applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Having completed six years of secondary education and fulfilled the requirements for graduation; or
- Currently attending the third year of senior high school or equivalent
- This requirement will be waived for applicants aged 23 or above.
The specific exams required for admission vary according to individual programmes. They may include all or some of the subjects of the Joint Admission Examination (JAE) for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions, and/or specialised exams and interviews organised by the Macao Polytechnic Institute.
Please stay tuned to our website for:
- Exams required under each programme;
- Syllabus, past papers and regulations of JAE;
- Mock papers and guidelines of MPI’s specialised exams.
- Candidates will be issued with a notification to sit for admission exams. Candidates who are required to take the JAE exam(s) as well will also be issued with a JAE examination permit.
Candidates are required to attend the exam(s) according to the schedule(s) indicated on the admission exam notice and/or JAE examination permit. They are required to bring along the following documents to attend the admission exam(s):
- Original copy of personal identity document (e.g. ID card or passport)
Admission exam notification (for specialised exam/interviews) or
JAE permit (for JAE exams)
- Other required documents (if applicable)
Candidates who have fulfilled any of the criteria below will be exempted from taking the respective exams:
|Portuguese A (JP01)||
We award bonus points to Macao candidates who are high achievers in various aspects. Bonus points apply to students who sit for admission exams and will be awarded upon assessment according to the criteria below:
|Bonus points for high-achieving debaters|
|Bonus points||20 extra points to each admission exam (except specialised exams)|
|Bonus points for high-achieving athletes|
|Bonus points||10-50 extra points to each admission exam (except specialised exams)|
|Bonus points for active engagement in whole-person development|
|Bonus points||10-30 extra points to each admission exam (except specialised exams)|
|Bonus points||10 extra points to the specialised exam of Design / Visual Art Programme|
- Fill out application during the application period【Online application】
- Pay application fee*
- Candidates applying for the bonus point and/or exam exemption scheme should complete the registration at MPI's Registry in person within the application period by bringing: a printout of the admission application form submitted online, ID document(s), a recent photo and testimonial(s) that verify their eligibility (e.g. certificates of award/merit, letter issued by the secondary school). Applicants for the ‘Admission Scheme for Local Talents and Professionals’ should also submit relevant application form【Download Form】.
- Application completed
The selection of qualified applications for admission is based on the applicant’s choice of programme, admission quota of the programme concerned, documents submitted by the applicant and his/her performance in the admission examination.
Offer results will be released on【Candidate Portal】only. We do not notify admission decisions by email or by any other means.
Applicants who wish to appeal their offer results should submit a written appeal to the Registry within 3 working days after the results are released. Late applications will not be entertained.
Applicants with an admission offer should download the offer letter and other relevant documents from the 【Candidate Portal】and complete the admission procedures according to the instructions as stated.
【Online Application】for admission via admission exams and
Application for bonus points and exam exemption scheme 【Download Form】(in person)
|03/12/2018 - 18/01/2019|
|【Application Results】 - bonus points and exam exemption||End of Jan, 2019|
|Download Specialised Exam and Interview Notice||26/02/2019|
|Specialised exam & fitness test【detailed schedule】||Mar 2019|
|*Interview (1st choice & 2nd choice)【detailed schedule】||Mar 2019|
|Download JAE permit (for candidates taking the JAE)||Week 3 of Mar 2019|
|Admission exams - JAE||28/03 - 31/03/2019|
|Release of admission results【Candidate Portal】||From May 2019 onwards|
* Interviews will be held in May 2019 based on the candidates' JAE scores for the Programmes of Social Work, Public Administration (Chinese) and will be held in March 2019 for other Programmes. Please visit MPI’s admission website (Local Student Recruitment – What's new) for the interview schedules during the stated months.